Recipe by jorgydee
Found this recipe in a newspaper. Changed a few things, made it and it was a hit. You may want to change the heat in this dip by using mild or hot taco sauce or adding or omitting the green chiles.
Top Review by Cookie in Ontario
This was very yummy! Hubby used an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese and salad dressing. We used a rectangle baking pan. Taco sauce was good for both of us - not too spicy, Next time I'll try and not cut up the tomatoes ahead of time. We might use sour cream instead of cream cheese/salad dressing next time.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (35 g) envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 -4 ounce canned diced green chiles, drained
- 5 roma tomatoes, seeded, dryed and finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 3⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until it is no longer pink, drain.
- Add green chiles, water and taco seasonings. Stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and salad dressing.
- Spread on a 14 inch serving platter or pizza pan.
- Top with cooled meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
- Drizzle with taco sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.