Found this recipe in a newspaper. Changed a few things, made it and it was a hit. You may want to change the heat in this dip by using mild or hot taco sauce or adding or omitting the green chiles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (35 g) envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 -4 ounce canned diced green chiles, drained
- 5 roma tomatoes, seeded, dryed and finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until it is no longer pink, drain.
- 2Add green chiles, water and taco seasonings. Stir.
- 3Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- 4In a large bowl combine cream cheese and salad dressing.
- 5Spread on a 14 inch serving platter or pizza pan.
- 6Top with cooled meat mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
- 8Drizzle with taco sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 10Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Platter Dip
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 1029.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 21.1 g