Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in a newspaper. Changed a few things, made it and it was a hit. You may want to change the heat in this dip by using mild or hot taco sauce or adding or omitting the green chiles.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (35 g) envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 -4 ounce canned diced green chiles, drained
- 5 roma tomatoes, seeded, dryed and finely chopped
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, finely shredded
- 3⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- In a large skillet cook beef over medium heat until it is no longer pink, drain.
- Add green chiles, water and taco seasonings. Stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and salad dressing.
- Spread on a 14 inch serving platter or pizza pan.
- Top with cooled meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
- Drizzle with taco sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This was very yummy! Hubby used an electric mixer to blend the cream cheese and salad dressing. We used a rectangle baking pan. Taco sauce was good for both of us - not too spicy, Next time I'll try and not cut up the tomatoes ahead of time. We might use sour cream instead of cream cheese/salad dressing next time.