My son and I started to "mess around" in the kitchen and we came up with this. (No more Taco Bell). Cook time includes browning of ground beef.
- Mix corn muffin mix as directed on package.
- Spread batter into a sprayed 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add seasoning package, water, and chilies.
- Simmer until water is absorbed.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheese over crust.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with crushed red peppers and oregano.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- If desired you can also serve with lettuce, sour cream, and diced tomatoes.