Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
My son and I started to "mess around" in the kitchen and we came up with this. (No more Taco Bell). Cook time includes browning of ground beef.
Top Review by ~Bekah~
This was very good. I topped the pizza with sour cream, lettuce, black olives and tomatoes. My guests suggested that a light sprinkling of crushed corn chips would be good, since the crust is so soft. Thank you!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese (divided)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (drained)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn muffin mix as directed on package.
- Spread batter into a sprayed 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brown meat and drain.
- Add seasoning package, water, and chilies.
- Simmer until water is absorbed.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheese over crust.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with crushed red peppers and oregano.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- If desired you can also serve with lettuce, sour cream, and diced tomatoes.