Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
adapted from Gooseberry Patch.."What's For Dinner" cookbook....can substitute reduced fat/calorie ingredients...Garnish with your favorite items...sour cream, chopped green onion...hot peppers, salsa etc..
- 8 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef, browned, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to pkg directions --
- spread in a greased 8x8" baking pan --
- Bake at 400* for 6-8 minutes.
- blend 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning mix into beef, reserving remaining mix for another recipe --
- add any additional ingredients, according to.
- taco seasoning mix directions -- reducing each by half --
- remove cornbread from oven and spread with taco sauce --
- Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Return to oven, continue baking 15 minutes -- longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes, cut into squares to serve.
- garnish as desired.
This is going to be made again, and again. Everyone loved this. I had to use taco sauce instead of salsa. DH doesn't like chunky salsa of any kind. But was still so very good. I set the salsa aside and used as one of the garnishments. Was fantastic!! Thanks for the post.
I fixed it because I had limited ingrediants on hand but I'll definitely be making it again. Quick easy and delicious! Only change I made was to add extra cheese on top. My family loved it!!! Don't be afraid to try.