Recipe by ~SwoR~
We used to go to a pizza place in Georgia that served a taco pizza. This is my version. It is different, but really a nice blend of the two. Prep time is if crust is pre-made.
Top Review by Ashleigh12
I made serveral changes to this recipe but it was great! I used a canned pizza crust and then used enchilada sauce instead of pizza sauce and taco sauce. Which tasted awesome! Browned taco seasoned ground turkey with a chopped chipolte chili and added jalepeno refried beans once the meat was cooked. I added the cheese, put it back in the oven to melt the cheese and then added the lettuce, tomato, onion etc. I also used sliced jalepenos and topped it all off with green chili with pork...omg...the kids scarffed it down! Great starter recipe. A real keeper in our house.
- 12-14 inch pizza dough
- 170.09-226.79 g pizza sauce (your choice)
- 170.09-226.79 g taco sauce (hot or mild your choice)
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml taco seasoning
- 29.58 ml water
- cheddar cheese, as desired
- black olives
- onion (sliced)
- extra cheese
- sour cream
- extra taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain fat, add taco seasoning and water, mix well and set aside to cool.
- Mix taco sauce and pizza sauce together.
- Spread sauce on crust.
- Top sauce with"taco meat", any optional ingredients desired, cheddar cheese.
- Keep in mind you will add more cheese when it is done.
- Bake@ 425° until crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with a light bed of shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, arrange onion and tomato slices.
- Dot with sour cream and drizzle with taco sauce.
- If you desire add black olives for appearance.