Recipe by rhondalynne
I found this recipe when i was searching for a different twist on pizza. It was a hit with everyone!
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This was a HUGE HIT at my house! My family just devoured it. Followed the recipe exactly, very easy dough with the Kitchenaid mixer, using ground beef & jalapeno sliced black olives. The crust is very nice. Crispy on the outside but still tender on the inside. Thanks for posting, rhondalynne! You have been adopted during Fall 2009 Pick A Chef! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 591.47 ml flour
- 118.29 ml cornmeal
- 11.09 ml yeast
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chunky salsa
- 59.14 ml sliced black olives
- 236.59 ml shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- taco sauce, for extra toppings
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, yeast and salt.
- Stir in warm water and oil.
- Add remaining flour; stir well and knead about 4-6 minutes.
- Let dough rest about 10 minutes before spreading in a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Add chili powder, salt, salsa and olives; stir well.
- Spoon onto crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or taco sauce.