Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe when i was searching for a different twist on pizza. It was a hit with everyone!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- taco sauce, for extra toppings
- For the crust, combine 1 cup flour, cornmeal, yeast and salt.
- Stir in warm water and oil.
- Add remaining flour; stir well and knead about 4-6 minutes.
- Let dough rest about 10 minutes before spreading in a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Add chili powder, salt, salsa and olives; stir well.
- Spoon onto crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or taco sauce.
This was a HUGE HIT at my house! My family just devoured it. Followed the recipe exactly, very easy dough with the Kitchenaid mixer, using ground beef & jalapeno sliced black olives. The crust is very nice. Crispy on the outside but still tender on the inside. Thanks for posting, rhondalynne! You have been adopted during Fall 2009 Pick A Chef! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0