Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sort of like a puffed up pillow to put taco fillings on to eat. Similar to an unfolded gordita shell from that famous fast food Mexican place...(hint: T.B.)
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3-1 cup warm water (not hot)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fast rise yeast (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a med. sz. mixing bowl until well blended. I use the dough hook on my Kitchen Aid mixer. Add just enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Remove from bowl and knead for 1-2 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Grease the bowl (I spray mine with Pam) and return the dough to the bowl. Grease the dough too so it won't dry out.
- Cover with plastic wrap for 1 hours Remove wrap and make into approximately 2 inch balls.
- Roll each doughball in flour and then roll out to a 4 inch circle. I use my tortilla press and they come out nice and even and round, but you can also use a rolling pin. If you use the tortilla press be sure to use wax paper so it doesn't stick to your press. Even with the flour you will need the wax paper.
- Fry in 1 inch of med hot vegetable oil, turning to lightly brown both sides. They'll puff up and be ready for whatever toppings you desire.