Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
All the elements of tacos assembled in two wonderfully tasty pies. The kids will beg for seconds!
Make and share this Taco Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sliced olive
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (and a little more for topping)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Stir in seasoning mix, water and olives.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Unroll cans of crescent dough and press contents of each into 2 10 inch pie plates to form crusts.
- Add 1/2 cup tortilla chips to each pie, then divide meat mixture& add to each.
- Spread meat with sour cream.
- Cover pies with grated cheese& additional tortilla chips.
- Bake at 375* about 20-25 minutes or till browned and bubbly.
- Remove and serve w/ lettuce and tomato as garnish.
it was amazing!
Oddly enough, I liked this, hubby said it was "OK," and the kids said they didn't like it. They thought the crescent crust tasted "funny." Whatever that means. I cooked it exactly as stated but reduced the cooking temp because my oven cooks hot. I added extra sour cream and salsa to my serving and hubby stuck to just salsa.