Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
All the elements of tacos assembled in two wonderfully tasty pies. The kids will beg for seconds!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sliced olive
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (and a little more for topping)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Stir in seasoning mix, water and olives.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Unroll cans of crescent dough and press contents of each into 2 10 inch pie plates to form crusts.
- Add 1/2 cup tortilla chips to each pie, then divide meat mixture& add to each.
- Spread meat with sour cream.
- Cover pies with grated cheese& additional tortilla chips.
- Bake at 375* about 20-25 minutes or till browned and bubbly.
- Remove and serve w/ lettuce and tomato as garnish.
it was amazing!
Oddly enough, I liked this, hubby said it was "OK," and the kids said they didn't like it. They thought the crescent crust tasted "funny." Whatever that means. I cooked it exactly as stated but reduced the cooking temp because my oven cooks hot. I added extra sour cream and salsa to my serving and hubby stuck to just salsa.