Recipe by Belgarion66
I modified a popular Taco Pie recipe to reduce the amount of fat in the final product. This is still very tasty and very easy to make. Enjoy!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces reduced-fat crescent rolls, Pillsbury
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate crescent roll into 8 triangles, then form a pie shell into a 9 or 10 inch non-greased, oven safe pie dish.
- In a 10 inch skillet, cook the ground beef and onions over medium heat until thoroughly cooked, about 8 - 10 minutes. Drain any excess grease and return to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning packet and the salsa, mixing well until combined. Simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill the pie crust with the beef mixture and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pie crust is a golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Let the pie rest for 5 minutes before serving, adding sour cream, shredded lettuce and diced tomato, if desired.