Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this years and years ago from a gal at Ft Benning when we were both army wives and it is VERY TRIED and TRUE. The only person I've ever served it to who doesn't like it is my oldest daughter. Even the grandkids think its good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped and diced
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (to taste, I only use 1/4)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can Ortega green chilies, chopped, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Grease 11x14 pan.
- Brown and drain hamburger and onion. Spread on bottom of pan, then add taco seasoning and chilies.
- Beat milk, Bisquick and eggs until smooth (about 1 min). Pour on top of hamburger mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350F , top w/tomatoes and cheese and cook 8-10 minutes longer.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and picante sauce.
My family really loved this recipe. The only problem I had with making it was there was no temperature listed for cooking only a cook time so I just guessed.
Turned out pretty well, it just needed some crunch. I added some broken tortilla chips on top just before having the leftovers and that was what was missing!
very good..my kids liked it alot .AND it was EASY to make..A BIG PLUS!!!!.Will make this often. Candace