Recipe by M Messer
I got this years and years ago from a gal at Ft Benning when we were both army wives and it is VERY TRIED and TRUE. The only person I've ever served it to who doesn't like it is my oldest daughter. Even the grandkids think its good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped and diced
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning (to taste, I only use 1/4)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can Ortega green chilies, chopped, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 11x14 pan.
- Brown and drain hamburger and onion. Spread on bottom of pan, then add taco seasoning and chilies.
- Beat milk, Bisquick and eggs until smooth (about 1 min). Pour on top of hamburger mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350F , top w/tomatoes and cheese and cook 8-10 minutes longer.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and picante sauce.