Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My oldest son loves this dish. It is very easy. I remember clipping this out of a magazine but I have no idea what the ad was for or what magazine it was! Hopefully you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburg, add onions, water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, onion and salt, mix well.
- Add very warm water and oil to flour mix.
- Mix by hand with a spoon until almost smooth.
- Stir in chips and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Spread in pie plate and let rise 10 minutes.
- Spread meat over dough.
- Bake until edge is crisp and light golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa or sour cream.
- This is easily doubled into a 9 X 13.
I really like this recipe, and so does my family...i had to double it though, but that wasn't very hard to do! it was gone just as quick as it was made!