Recipe by yumyumum
My oldest son loves this dish. It is very easy. I remember clipping this out of a magazine but I have no idea what the ad was for or what magazine it was! Hopefully you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown hamburg, add onions, water and taco seasoning.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar, onion and salt, mix well.
- Add very warm water and oil to flour mix.
- Mix by hand with a spoon until almost smooth.
- Stir in chips and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Spread in pie plate and let rise 10 minutes.
- Spread meat over dough.
- Bake until edge is crisp and light golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa or sour cream.
- This is easily doubled into a 9 X 13.