Recipe by amy carew-sturgis
This one dish wonder is a favorite at my house. It has a cornbread crust with taco fillings on top.
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky salsa
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 15X10X1 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine egg, muffin mix, and milk in a bowl. Spread in baking dish (dipping fingers in cold water helps) Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef or turkey in skillet till no longer pink. Add seasoning mix and about half of the salsa. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Spread beans over cornbread crust. Top with taco meat and cheese. Return to the oven just long enough to melt the cheese (2 minutes should do it).
- Top with lettuce, remaining salsa, sour cream, sliced black olives, and anything else you like on your tacos.