Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A recipe that ws infamous in our family as everyone's favorite meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (Ortega is good for those with MSG sensitivities)
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 0.5 (14 ounce) packageyellow corn tortilla chips, crushed (Doritos will work, but may offend those with MSG sensitivities)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Make crust by pressing crescent rolls into 9" pie pan. Prick with fork repeatedly. Bake crust @ 350 degrees until lightly brown.
- Saute ground beef and onion.
- Add taco seasoning and taco sauce, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put simmered down mixture into crust. Cover with sour cream. Place crushed taco chips over top.
- Bake 15 minutes @ 350 degrees. Remove from oven and cover with cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I love this recipe! I made it it was the only dish that I did not have to pack up any leftovers!! Yummy and fast great meal if you are short on time and/or if you are wanting to teach a younger chef how to cook! thanks!
I just made this tonight and had to rave about it! It was actually (can I say) fun to make! It's not a super quick recipe to make, but you could always prepare and simmer the beef & taco seasoning beforehand. I used enchilada sauce instead of taco and it was tasty!