Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 1999. Looking for something a bit different to munch on? Try this zesty snack mix. I enjoy the extra kick from the spices. Once batch is never enough for friends and family. Watching games this disappears faster than almost everything else.
- 3 (7 ounce) cans potato sticks
- 2 (6 ounce) cans French-fried onions
- 1 (12 ounce) can salted peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the potato sticks, onions, and peanuts.
- Combine butter and taco seasoning; mix well.
- Pour over potato stick mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in three ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pans.
- Bake uncovered at 250°F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight containers.
- (Try adding some hot sauce to the butter and taco seasoning mix if you want a nice spicy kick).
I doubled the butter and taco seasoning mix because I felt that 1/3rd cup of butter would not coat all of the potato sticks, crunchy onion pieces and nuts. I recommend using one of the Taco Seasoning Mix recipes on this site. I used a double recipe of Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix recipe #76616. I made up this mix to give out to people at work.