Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from the March '10 Everyday with Rachael Ray. I love this woman! This mixes some of my favorite things, pasta and tacos! Another 30 Minute Meal!
- 453.59 g whole grain penne, or regular if you prefer
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g ground sirloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno chile, halved, seeded if desired and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground coriander
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 59.14 ml tomato paste
- 340.19 g beer or 354.88 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 0 head iceberg lettuce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, ad the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of the onions, the jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, coriander and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste for 1 minute, then stir in the beer.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss. Spoon into a serving dish, top with the cheese and tent with foil to melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
- Top with the remaining onion, the tomatoes and lettuce- just like tacos!