Julia Lynn's Note:
Another recipe from the March '10 Everyday with Rachael Ray. I love this woman! This mixes some of my favorite things, pasta and tacos! Another 30 Minute Meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb whole grain penne, or regular if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno chile, halved, seeded if desired and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 12 ounces beer or 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, ad the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- 2While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add 3/4 of the onions, the jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, coriander and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 4Stir in the tomato paste for 1 minute, then stir in the beer.
- 5Add the sauce to the pasta and toss. Spoon into a serving dish, top with the cheese and tent with foil to melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
- 6Top with the remaining onion, the tomatoes and lettuce- just like tacos!
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 993.8
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 545.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 47.0 g