Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This taco salad becomes heartier fare with the addition of pasta. You can jazz this up by adding black olives, avacado, or jalepenos.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese or 1 lb colby cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) packagetaco plain Doritos, crushed
- 1 cup western salad dressing or 1 cup Catalina dressing
- Cook noodles, drain and cool.
- Mix Taco seasoning into browned ground beef.
- Add noodles to meat mixture and cool in fridge overnight.
- The next day, add tomatoes, green peppers and onions.
- Just before serving (no more than 2 hours) combine all ingredients in large bowl and add chopped lettuce, crushed doritos and dressing.
My family REALLY loved this recipe! My husband & I typically like things spicier, so I would definitely 'spice it up' more for us next time as the author suggests. It made a nice big bowlful. I also added a can of black beans and some cucumber. Very good! You definitely get that good old 'taco salad' taste. -Jen Roth
Made this for a MOPs group (minus the chips) and everyone loved it. I made the pasta mixture (added black beans) and stored it in a plastic bag until just before serving.