Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the 2006 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes. It goes together quickly...great for a hot summer night
- 2 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips.
What a great, different tasting taco salad! We loved it. The suprise was the sweet taste, who would have thought of this. This is the first time in forever I haven't seen my DH reach for the hot suace an drown anything mexican or really anything. I did use Romaine lettuce, also I switch to a sweet vadalia onion left out gr pepper, used 1/2 carb penne pasta, 2% cheese and fat free catalina to lighten up, and it was still great! Thanks for sharing!