Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a casserole I came up with when I worked in a group home where I had to cook dinner for 6 grown men. Please note: some of these are estimates as I honestly don't know the exact size on some of these containers for Zaar's computer. Use whatever you can find in your store (12, 8, 16 ounce)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (3 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 lb pasta, whatever shapes you have on hand (Elbows, Wagon Wheels, Penne)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 16 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 head lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Pasta until done.
- While pasta is cooking brown the ground beef.
- Drain ground beef and add taco seasoning per packet directions.
- Drain Pasta and put into large mixing bowl.
- Fold in Salsa, 1/2 the Cheese, and Ground Meat.
- Put into 13X9 casserole dish.
- Top with remaining Cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until warmed through - Cheese should be melted and bubbly.
- Top with Sour Cream, Shredded Lettuce, Sliced Black Olives etc. Whatever you use to top your tacos!
this was just great. I did have a bag of Santita's corn chips that was crushed up in my pantry. I put that on top after the cheese and then baked it. Dinner got me rave reviews tonight.