Recipe by Skipp's Kitchen
This is a casserole I came up with when I worked in a group home where I had to cook dinner for 6 grown men. Please note: some of these are estimates as I honestly don't know the exact size on some of these containers for Zaar's computer. Use whatever you can find in your store (12, 8, 16 ounce)
Top Review by lilquiz
this was just great. I did have a bag of Santita's corn chips that was crushed up in my pantry. I put that on top after the cheese and then baked it. Dinner got me rave reviews tonight.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 (3 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 lb pasta, whatever shapes you have on hand (Elbows, Wagon Wheels, Penne)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces sour cream (optional)
- 16 ounces sliced black olives (optional)
- 1 head lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Pasta until done.
- While pasta is cooking brown the ground beef.
- Drain ground beef and add taco seasoning per packet directions.
- Drain Pasta and put into large mixing bowl.
- Fold in Salsa, 1/2 the Cheese, and Ground Meat.
- Put into 13X9 casserole dish.
- Top with remaining Cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until warmed through - Cheese should be melted and bubbly.
- Top with Sour Cream, Shredded Lettuce, Sliced Black Olives etc. Whatever you use to top your tacos!