Recipe by weekend cooker
Combination of pasta,salsa, ground chicken, and cheese will satisfy your craving.
Top Review by Annacia
I made this last evening and it was a hit. Couldn't find any ground chicken around here so used ground beef which, of course, worked perfectly. The flavors were good Tex-Mex but not really hot. It's easy to make and even easier to enjoy. :D
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- 2 lbs uncooked ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) canswhole kernal corn with sweet peppers (drained)
- 2 cups sliced pitted ripe olives
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (4 ounce) cansdiced green chili peppers (drained )
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cook pasta according to directions, and set aside.
- In a large skillet,cook ground chiocken, and onion half at a time, until meat is brown, and drain fat.
- Return mixture to skillet, and stir in water, and taco seasoning mix, bring to a boil, and reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, and half of the shredded cheese,all the salsa, and all the chile peppers.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 3 quart rectangular casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutesor until heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, tortilla chips, and sour cream.