1 hr 5 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
Combination of pasta,salsa, ground chicken, and cheese will satisfy your craving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- 2 lbs uncooked ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernal corn with sweet peppers (drained)
- 2 cups sliced pitted ripe olives
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers (drained )
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cook pasta according to directions, and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet,cook ground chiocken, and onion half at a time, until meat is brown, and drain fat.
- 3Return mixture to skillet, and stir in water, and taco seasoning mix, bring to a boil, and reduce heat.
- 4Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, and half of the shredded cheese,all the salsa, and all the chile peppers.
- 6Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 3 quart rectangular casserole.
- 7Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutesor until heated through.
- 8Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- 9Serve with lettuce, tomato, tortilla chips, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 548.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 29.4 g