Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This entrée packs a powerful flavor punch, but goes easy on the fat and calories. Serve it with rice and a green salad for a spiced-up weeknight dinner! Recipe is from Light & Tasty’s Feb/March 2006 issue. I haven’t tried it yet, but man, it sure looks good.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk together first six ingredients in shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl combine remaining ingredients (except chicken).
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then roll in flour mixture.
- Place chicken on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray; bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
TASTY, DELICIOUS, yes, TRUE! Interesting combination of ingredients too! SO easy to do, quick to make, Best of all not fried, healthy bake!
My family loved this recipe. I have already made it a few times in just the few weeks that I have had it. It is great! So zippy that you don't miss the fat at all.