Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Quick & easy....Kids love it!
Make and share this Taco Orzo Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef or 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- 5 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup salsa (mild, med or hot)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- In medium saucepan brown meat; drain.
- Add water, bouillon, salsa, and chili powder; heat to boiling.
- Add uncooked orzo; reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered, at a medium boil, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with onion, tortilla chips and dollops of sour cream.
- 7 servings (1 cup each).