Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Enough for 1 1/2 lbs. beef or chicken. Update: I've added about 1 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube to the recipe. This greatly enhances the flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder or 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a sealed container until ready to use, up to 3 months.