Recipe by Marie
Not only love recipes with only one pan to wash, but it is delicious as well!
Top Review by Cheri-Beri
I made this one night while we were camping. PERFECT camping recipe!!! I made the following substitutions: ground turkey instead of ground beef, garlic & sweet onion petite cut tomatoes and Calrose (short grain) rice. I'm going to be making it at home - it's so good! The leftovers are great as a dip with corn chips.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Cook ground beef and onions together until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain off all fat.
- Drain tomatoes and reserve juice.
- Add enough water to juice to make 2 1/2 cups.
- Add to the pan.
- Add tomatoes, rice and taco seasoning and stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese and place lettuce on top.