Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Uses ingredients regularly kept on hand.
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, green chilies, taco seasoning, onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the turkey mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Top with the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and taco sauce. Dollop each serving with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
A great tasty dish!