Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My version of Traditional Nachos
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (optional)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped fresh (optional)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped (optional)
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain and mix in taco seasoning mix and water. Continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix together the beef and jalapeno peppers.
- Place tortilla chips on a large, microwave safe dish.
- Spread with re-fried beans (Optional).
- Top with beef/jalapeno mix, then salsa and then top with cheese.
- Layer the tortilla chips with beef/jalapeno mix (some tortillas, some beef, some tortillas -- etc).
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes at 325 degrees, until the cheese has melted into the beef.
- Once out of the oven, top with additional salsa or tomato and green onions.
- Serve warm.