Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Southern Accent, submitted by Mrs. Breashears. Only a few ingredients required.
Make and share this Taco Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup tortilla chips or 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup salsa or 1⁄3 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, I like Mexican blend
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with hands.
- Bake in a loaf pan at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Drain off fat and bake a minute or two longer.
I made this this evening for my husband and kids and they all loved it. I made some changes though, as we're doing P90x and eating healthy - I used 1 lb 96/4 lean ground beef, and 1/2 lb extra lean turkey, and I used baked tortilla chips, rather than regular. I used salsa which kept it fairly moist. I definitely recommend this recipe!
Came across this taco style recipe looking for a basic meatloaf one and just knew I had to try it out.
Me and my brother loved it, didn't even miss Mom's meat loaf one bit...well maybe a little but this will definitely do. Great for sandwiches the next day.
Thought we'd spice it up and use some Tapatio Doritos but realized later you dont get much flavor from the chips its really just to add a little crunch.
The whole family LOVED this. I thought I needed to 1/2 it,so I did. BIG MISTAKE. They were like vultures in here,"where's the rest? I need more...and on & on & on..... I used crushed Fritos- fantastic. Will make over & over. Thanks so much!!