Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the melted cheese in the middle of these little beauties!! They are small appetizer type meatballs, and sure to be a hit! The cheese size is an estimate...I don't have one on hand to be exact.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese together in a bowl.
- Mold a Tbs of meat around a cube of cheese to form a small shaped meatball. Repeat with all of the meat.
- Spray an edged cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place meatballs on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 min or until meat is done and cheese is melted.
The fam loves these, but the recipe I have also calls for them to be rolled in egg white then rolled in crushed doritos...spray with cooking spray and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
These were good! Made them to share up and they were a big hit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!