Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
This one is a grand prize winner from TOH. A great change from your regular meatloaf!
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- additional picante sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/2 cup picante sauce, beans, corn, onion, olives, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, cumin, and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into 2 ungreased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 50-55 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°F.
- Spoon remaining picante sauce over each meat loaf and sprinkle with cheese. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional picante sauce, if desired.