Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A low sodium, power food packed taco meat. Great for people on a kidney diet. It's very versatile don't be afraid to use other vegetables or even cooked grains if that's what you have on hand.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- garlic (to taste)
- homemade low-sodium taco seasoning (to taste)
- Place everything except taco seasoning in a kettle. Cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are soft. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook a few more minutes.
- Enjoy on burritos, tacos, or in casseroles.