Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the recipe I like to use for my taco meat and we love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except water.
- Mix well as you would in making a meat loaf.
- Pour water into pan and add meat.
- Stir occasionally breaking up any large chunks.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until done.
Oh my, this turned out to be the best taco meat ever! Yes, brown the meat first. if you don't and mix the spices and flour into the meat before hand, it is hard to know when the meat is done cooking. Also, I would cut back by 1/2 on the flour and I added Worcestershire Sauce because I love that in my taco meat. Make a bunch cuz it is even better on day 2! I will be visiting my daughter in law this summer and, as tacos are my sons favorite meal, I will be taking a jar of the mix as a gift.
We love this taco meat! I triple the recipe and use ground turkey. Also, I cook the meat first, drain off the fat, then add the seasonings. I've made it as written before and having the fat in there was just a bit to gross for me. Also unhealthy. I love the combination of the spices, though! Thanks for posting!
Crystal, This is a great recipe,we tried it the other night,and loved the way the meat stuck together,it wasn't as sloppy as taco's usually are but it had the good Mexicn flavor it should have too. Thanks we will absolutely use this recipe every time we make taco's Darlene Summers