Recipe by Randall Willoughby
This will feed several people, or you can use half and freeze the rest. I use some for taco salads and for other Mexican dishes, tacos, burritos, etc. You can use less meat for smaller amounts. Taco Bell use to serve tacos with these ingredients in theirs. It is a good mixture! I like the combination of the meat, beans, & rice to give it a better flavor. I just did it this way when I use to get tacos from Taco Bell. They were very tasty.
Top Review by C Hutch
This was very easy to make. I added close to 2 pkg of taco seasoning to add a little zip. Great texture. It DOES take like Taco Bells meat mixture for the burrito's. This is definitely a keeper for my family.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (larger if preferred)
- 1 package boil-in-the-bag rice
- 1 1⁄2-2 packages taco seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat, drain fat off. You can also rinse the meat with a colander to get more of the grease off, for those that choose to do so.
- While the meat is browning, I boil the rice too. And as for the other ingredients, I prep the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, & shells, etc... too.
- When the meat and rice are done, add the refried beans, rice, seasoning, and about 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the meat, heat on medium heat until just starting to boil, reduce heat to simmer, it will take awhile for this to cook down.
- Stir occasionally to blend ingredients while cooking. I always check out the taste, to see if the seasoning is right, spicy enough, and add more if needed.
- I use 2 lbs of meat when I cook this, as I love Mexican dishes, also I like my meat spicy, so I use at least 2 pkgs of seasoning, sometimes more. The meat, beans, & rice soak up a lot of the seasoning, so I check it often, during cooking, to see if I need more. Then, after the desired consistency is reached, dig in! It's time to eat!