Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We got this recipe off a tortilla package years ago. We use it for Tacos and Burritos. It's been our family favorite. Hope you will enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fry meat with water until half cooked.
- Sprinkle flour over meat till mixed.
- Add chopped onion, tomato, chopped garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and mix.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
No more taco seasonings from an envelope in my house. I used Rotel tomatos and it turned out great!
Makes for a wonderful taco filling, I'm sure it would be equally good for Burittos. Have always fried and drained so this was a new method for me - and it worked really well! I did use lean ground meat. Choose to use the tomato sauce but feel one could certainly add tomatoes. Followed through as posted with excellent results.The seasoning was just right for our tastes. Thank you for sharing a recipe that is not only quick and easy but one we found we want to be making again - and again.
This was so great...easy and we always have the ingredients on hand. So easy. A keeper. We fixed this recipe to make nachos with...they were MMMMMMMMMMMMM Good!