Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taco flavored beef and creamy corn topped with cheese flavored mashed potatoes. The recipe calls for purchased mashed potatoes but this would be a great way to use up leftover potatoes. A child friendly recipe but you can spice it up by using jalapeno cheese.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagerefrigerated prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine potato, cheese and egg and set aside.
- Place beef and onion in a skillet over mediun high heat, cook, stirring to break up beef, until beef is browned.
- Pour off excess fat, add corn and taco mix, and stir to combine.
- Place beef mixture in a 8x8 inch baking dish, top with potato mixture and bake 25-30 minutes.
It was a great idea in theory that didn't work out in reality. The creamed corn made it much to sweet. Nobody wanted seconds and I wound up tossing it.
This was really good! I rated five stars even though it was kind of dry and over-cooked, but I think that was my fault. Next time I cook this I'll be sure to use creamed corn (I only had whole niblets on hand) and lower the cooking temp. and keep it in longer. But I will definatly be making this again :)
Very good, quick, & easy! Perfect weeknight meal....