Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is very easy and full of flavor. Perfect for the nights when you don't want to be stuck in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 591.47 ml water
- 78.07 ml yellow onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 566.99 g canrotell diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 44.37 ml taco seasoning
- 414.03 ml dried elbow macaroni
- 158.51 ml evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook onion & garlic until soft. Add ground beef, brown & drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes (including juice in can), & seasoning. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pasta and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low & cover. Cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in evaporated milk & 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover, let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Good, quick recipe. Had to add some diced tomatoes as only had 10 oz. Rotel. Found it a tad spicy, Could have been the brand of taco seasoning I used? NOTE: This makes a LOT. We are pretty big eaters. I would still say this makes 8 VERY generous-sized servings. A good thing for larger families but there are just 2 of us. I try to make recipes with 4-6 servings so we can eat that night and there are 2 leftover containers for work breaks. I have 5 leftover containers of this and they are packed FULL. Thanks for the recipe.
This was very easy to make. Great for a weeknight meal.
This turned out great and everyone really liked it. I used regular diced tomatoes (no chiles) and Amazing Taco Seasoning in place of the taco seasoning. I would say that it makes 8 large servings, not 4. A great dish that we will definitely be making again. Thx so much Mama Jennie!