Recipe by Mama_Jennie
This dish is very easy and full of flavor. Perfect for the nights when you don't want to be stuck in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes.
Top Review by catmaniacs
Good, quick recipe. Had to add some diced tomatoes as only had 10 oz. Rotel. Found it a tad spicy, Could have been the brand of taco seasoning I used? NOTE: This makes a LOT. We are pretty big eaters. I would still say this makes 8 VERY generous-sized servings. A good thing for larger families but there are just 2 of us. I try to make recipes with 4-6 servings so we can eat that night and there are 2 leftover containers for work breaks. I have 5 leftover containers of this and they are packed FULL. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 (20 ounce) canrotell diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion & garlic until soft. Add ground beef, brown & drain.
- Stir in water, tomatoes (including juice in can), & seasoning. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add pasta and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low & cover. Cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat & stir in evaporated milk & 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover, let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.