Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like more spice add in 1-2 teaspoons dryed chili flakes when browning the beef. You can use ground chicken or turkey in place of beef.
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (can use 2 packages if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 2 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- chopped tomato
- green onion
- sour cream
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef with onions, garlic and green bell pepper until no longer pink, season with salt and pepper; drain and add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil and cook stirring occasionally (about 7-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated) remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth, cook whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk; cook whisking constantly for about 4 minutes or until thickened; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and beef mixture; mix to combine and cook just until heated through (about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and serve.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
This worked well for my family - I was able to make it in pieces ahead of time and then my son put it all together for dinner when I was out of town. Quick and tasty. Thanks for posting!
My husband and I really liked this dish. It was very easy to make - perfect for a busy week night. I followed the directions exactly and didn't make any changes. Thanks for posting.
This turned out good. Quite tasty. Spices were better the second day after reheating. Will make again. Thanks!