Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you like more spice add in 1-2 teaspoons dryed chili flakes when browning the beef. You can use ground chicken or turkey in place of beef.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
This worked well for my family - I was able to make it in pieces ahead of time and then my son put it all together for dinner when I was out of town. Quick and tasty. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (can use 2 packages if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream (or use full-fat milk)
- 2 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- chopped tomato
- green onion
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef with onions, garlic and green bell pepper until no longer pink, season with salt and pepper; drain and add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil and cook stirring occasionally (about 7-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated) remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth, cook whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk; cook whisking constantly for about 4 minutes or until thickened; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and beef mixture; mix to combine and cook just until heated through (about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and serve.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.