Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a yummie, fast dinner!! Basically a home-made 'Hamburger Helper' but 10x better.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked (8 oz.)
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
- BROWN meat in large skillet; drain.
- STIR in water, catsup and seasoning mix.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- ADD Velveeta; stir until melted.
- Garnish with crushed tortilla chips, chopped green onions and tomatoes.
I wanted an easy side for enchiladas so made this minus the beef..I only had a little taco seasoning left in the jar so added some chilli powder and cumin as well. this was lovely and oh so simple..thanks for posting!
I was not a big fan of this. I subbed sharp cheddar for the velveeta and I would not recommend this. I am sure it would be better with Velveeta. I am going to try it again with the velveeta and some more seasoning because I thought it was a little bland.
Turned out great, my son and I fought over the leftovers! I doubled the recipe and added an entire package of taco seasoning, we also used colby-jack cheese instead.