Recipe by True Texas
This recipe is on the inside of the Velveeta Cheese box. I also found it on the Cookin' With Good Morning America website. It's very rich and I found that you need to cook your macaroni first.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup taco bell thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large skillet, drain.
- Stir in 2 and 3/4 cups water, salsa and chili powder. Bring to boil; stir in macaroni.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until water is almost absorbed. Note: I had a hard time getting the macaroni done so I precooked it the next time and it turned out fine. I also added just a little water to make this a little thinner, it is very thick and rich.
- Add Velveeta; stir until melted.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips, chopped green onions and tomatoes, if desired.