debbies dishes's Note:
My husband loves Taco Mac. We moved to Denver recently and no Taco Mac.This is my attempt to duplicate them for him. He loved them so I guess they are close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine hot sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and sugar; mix well in a pot and warm the sauce until butter is melted. Keep warm until ready to use.
- 2If the wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them.
- 3If they have not been clipped yet, clip the tips off, and separate at the joint.
- 4Wash them well in cool water. Season with salt, paprika and cayenne.
- 5Put on a paper towel covered rack/tray in the refrigerator overnight to air dry. ( This is critical if you want to match the texture of Taco Macs, especially if they were frozen).
- 6Oil should be about 375 degrees. Deep fry the wings in batches until just golden, about 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of the wings begin to turn dark brown.
- 7Remove the wings from the oil to a paper towel covered pain to drain and put in a warm oven (200 degrees) while cooking the remaining wings. But don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve the wings hot.
- 8Put the wings into a large bowl with lid. Add the hot sauce. Put on the lid, then shake making sure to coat all the wings evenly. Serve any left over sauce on the side.
- 9Serve with Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks. Don’t forget the beer!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Mac Buffalo Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1221.7
- Calories from Fat 860
- Total Fat 95.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 410.5 mg
- Sodium 1489.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 83.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: