Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Southwestern spin on Chili Mac, and tastier, I think. The kids LOVE it! It is so hard to find something all 3 of them like, so I HAD to post it! This recipe makes enough for plenty of leftovers. I use 3 boxes of Macaroni and Cheese, for time's sake, and taco meat seasoning that comes in the packet. If you don't use the boxed mac n' cheese, you will need to double the amount of shredded cheese.
- 3 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (optional)
- Prepare 3 boxes of Macaroni and Cheese according to directions on box, using margarine or butter and a little less milk.
- While water is on to boil for macaroni, brown hamburger and drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning according to directions on the package.
- Set taco meat aside.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to fully prepared macaroni and cheese and stir until melted.
- Add sour cream and stir until creamy.
- Add taco meat and salsa.