1/2 Photos of Taco Lasagne
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. I got this recipe from a friend of mine. Special notes: Sometimes I tear up the tortillas instead of just placing them whole, its easier to serve. I have used all Cheddar cheese or a mix of Cheddar and Monteray Jack. I also like topping this dish with Queso sauce (Rotel tomatoes and velveeta cheese). We like alot of refried beans, so I use two cans, but you can use just one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup water (less if you don't want it too soupy)
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (mild, original or hot, your choice)
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 28 ounces refried beans (depending on how thick you like your beans)
- 2 cups mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion, over medium heat, until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in black beans and rotel tomatoes, simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 4Heat the refried beans, whether it be just one or two cans, in a saucepan.
- 5Place 2 tortillas in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish. Pour half of the heated refried beans over the tortillas and then half the meat mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup of the mexican cheese.
- 6Repeat the layer.
- 7Top with remaining tortillas and cheddar cheese.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taco Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1096.1
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 176.0 mg
- Sodium 3246.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 65.0 g