Recipe by maryL in Canada
This is really easy. It's something you can make in just a short time with things most of us have on hand.
Top Review by Ducky
This makes a hearty meal and all ages enjoyed it. I made it in a round casserole dish since the flour tortillas fit perfectly. Therefore, I did have leftover meat-sauce mixture that I froze for future use. This has already been requested again. Thanks.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup salsa (any kind)
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or whatever you have on hand)
- 12 soft taco-size flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef.
- Drain if necessary.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, water and salsa.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Spray a 9"x13" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Put layer of 2 or 3 taco shells overlapping is fine.
- Put layer of sauce on top of shells.
- Put layer of cheese on top of sauce.
- Repeat twice more making sure you leave enough sauce for the top.
- Put last layer of cheese on sauce.
- Top with green onion.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.