Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
My father-in-law made this one day and just had to have the recipe. I've made it several times at home and for dinner guests and everyone loved it! Its absolutely sinfully delicious. Its not dificult to make but it takes a little while to make. Hope you enjoy!! =)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (9 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed & divided
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Crush chips and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and garlic powder. Add to gound beef. Set aside.
- Mix sour cream and cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle half the chips in a 9x13 cake pan.
- Layer ground beef on top of chips.
- Layer sour cream mixture on top of the ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top sour cream mix.
- Repeat layers & bake in oven for about 15 min or until the top layer of cheese is melted & and slightly browned.
- * Leftovers, if there are any are best reheated in the oven to keepthe chips crunchy.