Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great change from the usual tacos. It's always hit every time I serve it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- In large skillet cook beef, pepper and onion on medium heat.
- Add water and taco seasoning, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Place 2 tortillas in a greased baking pan (13x9x2). Spread with 1/2 refired beans and 1/2 beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes ot until heated through and cheese is melted.
I did like this but I changed a few things. Instead of using mexican-style tomatoes (I didn't have any) I used salsa and I didn't add the peppers because the salsa had enough in it for my taste. I just tore my tortillas into large pieces because It was easier to get it out of my pan and I thought for a 13x9 size pan there was only enough ingredients to do one layer of everything not multiple layers as the recipe suggests. But, we did think this was good so thank's for sharing.