Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A great recipe from the Weight Watchers community boards. 2 points for a half cup. Use taco junk for nachos, taco salads, or served over pasta or rice. This recipe is core.
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned
- 1 (5 ounce) can whole corn, drained
- 15 ounces great northern beans, drained
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 16 ounces salsa
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in a crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Note: I didn't use the beans. It was milder than I thought it would be so next time I would add some taco seasoning, mild green chilies or olives.
Yum, yum, yum. And very filling! Ready for this twist??? I used Morningstar Veggie/Burger crumbles instead of ground beef resulting in an amazing vegetarian taco salad. I did add a 1/2 pack of taco seasoning and instead of a can of Rotel I used 1 can of petite diced tomatoes and 1 small can of chopped green chilis. Served ours over iceberg lettuce, but it definitely would be good over rice or nacho chips. Would most certainly make this again. UPDATE: This recipe freezes awesome - holds up perfectly! We love it atop a salad of lettuce and carrots tossed in a TINY amt of Ranch dressing; I then either use just a little velveeta on the top (if you are using cheese, make sure you maximize the fat calories with a BOLD flavored cheese) or sometimes diced avocado. Always top it off with sliced green onions and fresh chopped tomatoes.
This was so good and filling! I served it on a bed of lettuce and had fat free cheese,fat free sour cream and black olives. The only thing that "happened" was that I was out of canned corn! It was excellent without it though. Thanks so much for posting!! :)