Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tacos on a bun!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (you can use regular sugar)
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium heat and drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, Worcestershire and seasonings.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon onto buns and top with cheese and lettuce.
I make this frequently since it is the perfect compromise--my guys like it on buns as a sandwich and I put it on lettuce with sour cream and salsa for a fantastic taco salad. We are all happy (and full!). Thanks for posting it.
This made for a quick and delish dinner. Used ciabatta bread instead of buns and didn't add any sugar to the mix. Thanks!! :)
This was easy to make and everyone liked it. We used ground turkey. Made for Cameraless Chef and I will take a better picture next time I make it! DH took the picture this time.